From 26 to 28 july, the African youth had its first General Assembly in ABUJA in Nigeria.
It was a great occasion for young african's to be together and bring out what they think can help to reinforce youth capacities across the continent.
After the three days meeting a Youth declaration was set up (see here). The main wish for the youth is to see the creation of a UN agency for the Youth.
This agency could help to improve what is done on the field till now. It is also important to mention which actions for the youth can help empower the youth and allow a sustainable development.
In fact Youth are asking for Justice, Dignity and Real Empowerment. For this to be done they think African Goverments needs to work in order to allow:
- Bring out appropriate policies to give lands to youngs in order to improve the production..
- allow the Youth Participation in decision making;
- fight against unemployment and illeteracy of Youth;
- take in consideration the basic needs of the youth like livelihoods, education , and health;
- support innovation and enterpreneurship of the youth
- Bring a technical support to the youth to permit the building of sustainable agendas
- organise the youth movement across africa.
All these will contribute to sustainable developpment in Africa.
But Ways of emporwering Africa Youth will not be sufficient. It is first important for the Youth to:
- establish themselves
- take their destiny in their hands to achieve their dreams
-Keep their optimism;
- be the messengers of peace, embrace diversity and support the Goverment to achieve sustainable development.
Hope this message will be heard by all youngs of the continent, that with the end of this first asssembly some actions will be done on the field. that those actions will consider youth as partners.
We at Africa builders are working for long since 2000 to help The youth. Now we will continue our mission by setting up a project for a real empowerment of the youth.